Thursday, February 27, 2014

Narrative

Because of My Family

   “I can’t believe it! We are going on a family trip to the east coast!” I have been waiting for this day to come since I was born. When my family was going on a family trip to the east coast I couldn’t get it off my mind. The reason for this is that the last time that I went on a trip was about 3 years before. My whole family was really excited.
“When are we going?” See told you.

   The morning of the trip all that happened before we left was… when are we going on the trip? Or how much longer until we go? When we got to the airport it was kind of blaw, it was really boring.
“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” The reason that it was so boring was because we had to wait about three hours before we can get on the plane. We also couldn’t wander around which I can understand because what if we get lost? When we got on the plane we were all so excited.
   “Grandma! Grandpa!” we all dashed to them like we were running a three mile race with the speed of a jet.
“Our grandchildren are here,” they exclaimed.
“We are so pleased to see you,” my parents stated.
“Let’s go to our house,” my grandparents replied. When we got to our grandparent’s house we saw some of our cousins there. Hi we said as we stomped down the stairs to our room were we stayed.
   When we left Baltimore to go to New, Jersey the ride took forever. When we got there we saw some more of our cousins. The next day we went to get donuts. The donuts were so fresh and sweet.
“Can I have another donate?” After that we went to the candy store. The candy was so tasty, crunchy, and creamy.
   After about two days in New, Jersey we journeyed off to New, York. When we arrived we grabbed our suit cases and charged into the house. Once again… more cousins. They were so pleased to see us. After all we came all this way to see them and other cousins. Later we saw a swimming pool in the backyard. We asked,
“Can we go in the pool?”
“In the morning,” are cousins said. After we spent the night, in the morning we all darted the pool in their backyard. I must have gone off the diving board at least a hundred times.
“You call that a cannonball!” Splash! It was so much fun. Before we left to go to Boston we thanked our cousin for the really fun and wonderful time we had with them.
   When we go to Boston at night everyone was so tired, so right when we went to our room we all dozed off. Us kids in my family had to share a room which I have to do at home; at least we didn’t have to share beds.
   One day when we woke up our cousins asked us,
“Hey guys do you want to go outside and toss the baseball around?”
“Sure,” we replied. Our cousins had this machine thing that throws baseballs at you and you have to try to hit the balls. We also played an intense baseball game. We all made some big plays in the game to give the game a big boost. Playing baseball with our cousins was really fun. Later when we all came inside sweating we played a game on the computer which my cousin was really good at. The way you play is that you go around in a car making lines behind wherever you went. If your car bangs into a line you lose. My cousin won, I don’t know how many times. Playing with our cousins in any game was really fun.
   One day when I was playing I broke my cousin’s thing that he was building. My cousin was building some sort of house kind of thing that he was making out of blocks. The blocks can fall down pretty easily, but not that easily. If you push on it hard or bang into it, it can fall down, and that is exactly what happened to me. You might say and I am sure you will say that it is completely my fault. It kind of is my fault but not completely my fault. This might not make sense to you but it’s true.
“Yes it is!”
“No it’s not! You built it in the way so we can’t even get through,” I said angrily.
“Yes!”
“No!” I will tell you the truth. Number one… he built it in the way, and number two is that he built it at the beginning of the hallway. I scrambled to my room. It happened to be that the same thing happened to my brother. We were both so furious.
   While I was still in my room everyone else was at the park, so I decided to go along too.
   At the park my mind forgot about what had happened. I made some new friends at the park and we had a blast playing basketball together.
“Nice shot,” I said to one of my new friends.
“Thanks,” my friend replied.
My new friends were both brothers who live in the house across the street from where family was staying. I can tell that they were both about two-three years apart from each other in age. I even wanted to get back together while we were there. Too bad we didn’t have the chance to.
   I decided to ignore my cousin and try not to break his things again. I should have explained to him what had happened but I just didn’t have the courage to tell him. That trip was really fun and I want to go on another. When you have fun you should make sure that you don’t get carried away, like what happened to me and my cousin; because you can get in big trouble.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the exciting and detailed story. I really like how you took us through the whole trip from Seattle to Baltimore to New Jersey to New York and to Boston. I can't wait for you to write about the rest of the trip, especially camping in Portland, Maine.
    love,
    Your mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Binyamin,
    I think that it is great that you love your family. What made you choose to write about you family? If you could only write about one person in your family who would you write about? I also liked that you evenly wrote about everybody.

    -Gabe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Binyamin,

    This sounds like a fun vacation! It's especially fun when you get to be with cousins! Your descriptions were so detailed. It really helped me visualize much of what was happening!

    -Mrs. A.

    ReplyDelete